Graphic Design Laptop Question :)

Reaction score
What is a good setup for graphic design.
EX. Mac Pro:7.6GHz:RAM 8GB:HD 1T:LCD-LED you get the point:Oops: :Angry-Tongue: O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Are you looking for a laptop or desktop. Your post is kind of contradictory. Not to mention there is no such thing as a 7.6GHz processor unless you have a very elaborate cooling setup with major overclocking.

OP
L
Reaction score
Are you looking for a laptop or desktop. Your post is kind of contradictory. Not to mention there is no such thing as a 7.6GHz processor unless you have a very elaborate cooling setup with major overclocking.

Look at title :) and the 7.6 was an ex :p anyways do you have an input though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD, LED backlit LCD, 15.4" MBP or better.

Reaction score
Graphic design require such high performance things though. You don't really need the fastest processor for photoshop, illustrator, etc.. you might be using large files and whatnot.. but it's definitely no autocad or resource demanding program. Ram however you will want a good amount, as it does come in handy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4g, 2GB, 200G, 15.4
I add another vote for a MBP with probably 4gs of memory, you can upgrade it very easily and buy it from crucial or newegg. I use a MBP 2.4ghz with 4gigs of memory and a 250g HD for Lightroom and Photoshop CS3. If you are going into graphic design, you should definitely go for a MBP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
I agree with the MacBook Pro assessment. I bought a MacBook, and it is serviceable (I upgraded it to 3GB of RAM) but at times the on-board graphics show it's lack of strength and some things slow down a bit (this is an older 2.0GHz C2D MacBook with the GMA950, although the newer X3100 isn't much better).

Again, it's not too bad, but it depends on what type of "design" you are going to be doing as well. If money isn't a concern, then get a MBP with 4GB RAM - you won't be sorry.

I probably should have gotten a MBP, but I'm not really pressed to get one as I am going to get a Mac Pro soon and do all my work on it and use the laptop as the portable it was really meant to be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
The biggest screen possible.

Apart from that, any Mac built in the last 5 years can run Photoshop in its sleep.

Personally, I'd hate to do design on a diddy laptop, but that's just my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
The biggest screen possible.

Personally, I'd hate to do design on a diddy laptop, but that's just my opinion.

Definitely correct there. All my design work is done on a 24" external LCD monitor - the only thing on my MacBook screen when it is at the desk is my mail and some tools palettes in some cases.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.