• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My avatar...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Im considering changing my avatar, just thought Id ask the forums thoughts on that. you all know my current avatar, the 2005/2006 concept camaro,
the one I wanna change it to is good, I like my current one, but Id like something with a face, so Im considering this new one.(see attachment)
I wish the vb software supported larger avatars, or multi sized avatars.Im not sure, but I dont think it does. Id crop the side a little off the new one, also, the software for the board will change every post Ive ever made and replace my old avatr, leaving no trace of it.

OP
Macman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
heres a larger and cropped version of it.:mac:
remember my name is macman when judging the avatars.

D

Desolate One

I think the Camaro is boss. Great resolution for an avitar, great contrast. It just works. I didn't know wot that pic was (more than meets the eye) until I clicked on it. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
I prefer your current one. Because of the size restrictions imposed on the image you intend to use it loses its distinguishability.

OP
Macman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
true edge, I may keep it, the reasnn why I mentioned I wish vbulletin supported larger sized avatars is as you mentioned, scalability, as I often pay close attention to in graphic design.
Im treating this like a democracy, cast your vote, and on some date(not set yet, but soon)
Ill count the votes/opinions and decide.

C

cde_woods

man, I'm glad I don't live in a democracy. Having to vote for every little insignificant thing seems so tedious and annoying. I like it when people just decide what's right and do it, don't you?

M

Maxp0wer2004

Actually (correct me if i am wrong) i think that 100 x 100 pixels is the laragest avatar size possible in most well-known forum software (VBulletin, Invision Power Board etc.).

It is a bad thing they cant be bigger because my avatar doesnt look too good when its minimized

OP
Macman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
zeppster said:
Cool people don't use avatars ;)
really, then I suggest you use one and stop lying to yourself. :robot:
just kidding. but ipb v2 allows multiple and large sized avatars, something like 250x400 pixels max.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.