Newbe slide show question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
Brand new iMac 20" user (20+ year Windows exp). My goal is to produce DVD's with travel photo slide shows. I'm traveling in an RV so have only sporatic web access. Watched the tutorials several times but still am struggling.

I have made sample slideshows using IPhoto and like the results but can't figure out how to go directly to a DVD and retain the "ken Burns" fade transition and accompanying music. I've also tried making DVD's with IDvd but its like starting all over again, different transitions, music etc.

Paid a couple of guys at Best Buys to show me how but didn't help much. They created a show in Iphoto then stuck it into IMovie. Is this necessary?

Please give me a little help. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5, Dual2.7 GHz, 8gb Ram
I've used many apps for creating slideshows and nothing compares to Photomagico by Boinx. If it's worth it to you to spend a few bucks to create a professional looking presentation for all kinds of aspect ratios I'd pull the trigger. You can burn DVDs directly or using apps like iDVD or Toast.

http://www.boinx.com/fotomagico/overview/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
I always just use iMovie :) It's free and very simple to use. Just put the photos in the order you want and sync it up to some music! Add transitions and whatever, it always comes out great! I don't know how professional it looks, but it looks great to me. Just my 2 cents :) Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.