G4 Cube help

Reaction score
I was installing a new 160gb IDE hard drive ony my G4 Cube yesterday, the cube couldnt find the hard drive in disk utility to be formatted, so I turned off the cube and turned it on to go to target mode, when it turned back on the screen went black and the mouse nor the keyboard was working!! I had the cube connected to my macbook (for target mode) and my macbook could not see the new hard drive via firewire so I though maybe I did something wrong. I turned off the cube and turned it back on (not in target mode) and nothing worked, except for the fact that the cube sounded like it was booting I heard the Hardrive boot and the cd spinning but I was getting no video signal and no mouse or keyboard function. I installed the old HD hoping it was just the new HD that was faulty and again nothing worked!!!! it doesnt eject my tiger dvd cause the keybord/mouse isnt getting power. Does anyone know whats going on? Im new to the cube and I need help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
I believe there is a 120GB limit on older G4 Macs. Try using Disk Utility from the OS X CD to see if it shows up there. It should, it will just be smaller than 160GB.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.