Background image different on external display

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 7200RPM 200GB
Hi everyone!

I hook up my MBP to my TV via an HDMI cable, and although it works as expected, I have a strange issue with my background image.

When not using the external display, I have a nice image of 3d cubes as my background. When I plug in the external display, it automatically "reverts" back to an annoying picture I had set previously (this "reverted" background is displayed on both my MBP and on the external display). When I disconnect the external display, my normal cube background comes back.

Anyone else notice this?
Thanks!

T

todd51

When you have two displays connected, you can choose the background for each display. Just go into System Preferences>Desktop & Screen Saver and move your mouse over to the TV screen and there should be an option to change the background image to whatever you want.

Basically you can set a different picture to your MBP's screen and the TV screen.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 7200RPM 200GB
Hah, really? Nice! :) Just tried it out, and you are 100% correct.

This works great when you are using it as an extended desktop, but when mirrored, it uses the "TV" picture, and not my "MBP" picture...? How do I set my MBP background as the main one, if that makes any sense?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.