Office:mac 2004 Student and teacher edition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My spec's: iMac 20" widescreen, 2.4GHz, 4GB DDRam, 320 ATAGB
Hi mac forum members i had a problem with my office mac installing problem and i am now changing my my CD mac office application through the Microsoft they asked from me £16=$32 about that much i have to pay for a replacement do i need to pay? but i bought that office mac £150=$300.
My question is If you buy product from Microsoft and product came out broken or not working so they have to change for free right or you have to pay?

thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
If you buy a product and it is defective then the supplier your bought it from has to replace it. I would have thought MS would replace it for nothing to be honest but if they are giving you a hard time just take it back to the store you got it from and ask them to exchange it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
I guess it depends on how long since you purchased the software. If it is fairly new, say 12 months they should, older than that discs do wear and fail and you may have to fork out the asking price.

OP
djamshed
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My spec's: iMac 20" widescreen, 2.4GHz, 4GB DDRam, 320 ATAGB
I guess it depends on how long since you purchased the software. If it is fairly new, say 12 months they should, older than that discs do wear and fail and you may have to fork out the asking price.
I bought 2007 december, and i installed 1 time only and second time not installed and unexpectedly quit that's why i changed the CD so i paid today £16.85 pound so i think that's not fair, anyway thanks for advise guys

If you buy a product and it is defective then the supplier your bought it from has to replace it. I would have thought MS would replace it for nothing to be honest but if they are giving you a hard time just take it back to the store you got it from and ask them to exchange it.
i went to store they sad me they not dealing with software and not changed the CD so i paid to Microsoft so thanks advise guys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Tough call on you. I would contact Microsoft through Mactopia and explain what happened and the charge you had to pay on goods less than 12 months old.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.