Paralells and Boot Camp

Reaction score
Hi,

I have windows Installed through Parallels and Boot Camp.

Now if I want to remove the windows which I installed using Boot camp, will the data in Parallels window also deleted.

Any Ideas....

Thanks for the Replies...

Regards
Pokiri

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
If you're using your Boot Camp installation of Windows through Parallels then yes. They're both using the same physical windows partition.

If you've installed windows in a separate Parallels virtual machine, then deleting one will not affect the other.

OP
U
Reaction score
This is what I did, Initially I Installed windows through Boot Camp. After some time I have Installed windows using Parallels.

One thing which I could not get is how both the windows are using same Data though Installed at Different times??

If I delete windows (the Boot Camp one), then will the data wont get lost If I access windows through Parallels?

Though I am using Mac from quite some time, I am not good with its features.

I appreciate your Responses....

Regards
JDev

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When you "Installed" Windows through Parallels, all it did was use your Boot Camp partition and install the appropriate drivers/hardware profile to make it work with Parallels.

If you delete the Boot Camp partition, then you will lose your Parallels version of Windows too.

OP
U
Reaction score
OK, I got it now.

So I can delete windows of Boot Camp and Install windows again with Parallels.

The Configuration of My Mac Book is 1GB RAM. what will be the Max Size I Can Increase ( 2 or 3GB), I am not sure.

Can you also please let me know which Memory Slots do I need to buy?

Thanks for the Replies...

Regards
JDev

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, you can delete your Boot Camp installation of Windows and then reinstall it using only Parallels. You will not be able to boot directly into Windows after that however, you will only be able to run Windows in a Virtual Machine.

You can put 4gb of memory in a MB, and memory is cheap enough now that there's no point in just going to 3gb. Should cost you at most, around $100 for 4gb (and no it doesn't have to be Ram specifically for Apple computers......any computer memory will do).

OP
U
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the Replies.....

I can work on my Mac Book now....

Regards
JDev

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You couldn't work on it before?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.