Expose doesn't work on my powerbook!

S

skatesurferdude

hey guys im trying to like mac but I just ccant get this expose working. the f11 works fine but on my powerbook the f9 and f 10 do nothing but the backlight! help please thanks. I want to like my mac!

I just got it so is there anything else I can do I got cleardock but that doesn't work either. everytie I change a setting and apply it comes back up with no changes.

what are some good modern day games to play on mac? can I play half life or halflife 2?

OP
N

Nightblade

Your PowerBook does have at least 10.3 (Panther) on it, right? Yeah, I guess it would, considering F11 works....

Anyway, just in case you haven't tried it already, go into your System Preferences, and then go to Expose under the Personal section. In the Expose preferences, at the bottom, you can choose your keyboard shortcuts. F9 is the default key for displaying all of the windows on the computer, F10 is the default key for displaying all of the windows in the current program, and F11 is the default key for moving all of the windows aside to make the desktop visible. But, you can change them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Good modern games - and then you list half life? ;)

Unfortunately half life & half life 2 haven't be released on the mac, but several other similar games have.

Check out Unreal Tournament 2004, Halo 1, Battlefield, Jedi Knight 3, etc etc...

OP
G

gesteves

If you have the 1.5 GHz Powerbook, the one with the illuminated keyboard, you have to press Fn+F9 or Fn+F10 (Fn is to the left of Ctrl) because F9 and F10 control the keyboard backlight by default.

OP
V

vonedaddy

I have a question. What do the active screen corners do? I assigned something to them but have no idea how to use it!

OP
V

VictoryRose

vonedaddy said:
I have a question. What do the active screen corners do? I assigned something to them but have no idea how to use it!

on mine if you drag your cursor into the corner you specified, it will send it to the screensaver without waiting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.