microsoft access on mac

Reaction score
I have a very simple database on microsoft access which runs my work diary. It simply divides the week into three sessions each day (morning afternoon and evening) with the weeks date at the top and each days date down the side (so we end up with 21 squares on the page and within each page the details of the mornings afternoon or evenings events) The question is it runs in microsoft access and there seems to be no way of running it on a mac. Even the mac running windows will not run it as there is a compatability problem. So is there a way of converting the access programme to run on mac or alternatively is there a simple schedule programme that I can buy and customise to give me diary that I want and ditch microsoft access altogether (definitely the preferred option). Thanks, Charlie.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Microsoft Access should run in Windows installed via Boot Camp or a VM. What sort of incompatibility problems are you having?

As for OS X programs that can duplicate what you need, I would think any PIM with a calendar and\or daily scheduler should work. Have you tried using iCal?

Regards.

OP
C
Reaction score
2 versions of access

Tried running within bootcamp but the version of Access on the mac is 2007 and the version on the pc is an earlier version. As this has been customised for the diary programme it won't work and the guy who programmed it can't get round the problem either. As for ical I don't know how to customise this for the sort of print out that I require (being a bit slow at these sorts of things).

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's strange. Office 2007 can be set to read and write to Office 97 - 2003 in compatibility mode. Unless there are problems with custom macros, you should be able get it to run in the later version. However, as I hinted before, using Access for that sort of thing is a bit overkill.

I'm not sure you can customize an iCal print out in the way you wish. I know iCal can handle the sort of data you're using but formatting it specifically for certain printing may not be possible. Perhaps someone else can chime in and offer advice.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.