I got my first Macbook today!

Reaction score
So I got my first Macbook today. I went with the black one with the iTouch. First off let me just say the iTouch is soo awesome. I never thought it was that great til' I had one in my possession.

Okay, for the macbook, I love it. The interface is new and it's hard to get used to going to the left of the page to close stuff out.

I got a couple questions though.

1. I've seen some macs that when the cursor goes into the top right corner of the screen that every window gets displayed mini on the desktop so it makes it easy to switch between windows. How do I do this?

2. When downloading files, you can temp run them off the desktop and not have them installed? Is this correct? So I download the files, then I have to drag and drop them into the Apps folder to FULLY install? Then I can delete the .dmg file?

3. I should try to not let the battery drop below 50% correct unless I'm calibrating it which should be done monthly, correct?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlackBook 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
1. That's because of the application "Expose". Go into system preferences and you can set up any corner to complete any function you want! (out of a list).

2. For your best interest, keep the .dmg. Much easier reinstallation and what not.

3. Although studies have shown the battery has responded it's best to being recharged with only half life left, it still will really not make THAT significant of a difference. With the type of batteries in the newer MacBooks, they don't have the memory jazz the old ones have, so it wont fall into a routine. Don't worry too much about this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4g, 2GB, 200G, 15.4
1. It is called Expose. I really like using it especially since I have windows open a lot when im editing photos.

2. It runs the download in your stack until its complete then you should be prompted to download your file. After your done installing your download, yes you can trash the .dmg.

3. Not too sure. There is something on apple's site about calibrating your battery and it tells you how to get better battery power on their news page.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
So I got my first Macbook today. I went with the black one with the iTouch. First off let me just say the iTouch is soo awesome. I never thought it was that great til' I had one in my possession.

Sorry, personal pet peeve. It's called an iPod Touch......not an iTouch. There's just something that rubs me the wrong way whenever I see it. :)

Okay, for the macbook, I love it. The interface is new and it's hard to get used to going to the left of the page to close stuff out.

Forget everything you've come to do in Windows, and it will make using OS X that much easier to transition to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.