How does the MacBook treat you?

Reaction score
Im am wondering how is the MacBook to you. I am thinking about getting one, here are the specs, 13-inch: White , 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory,160GB hard drive , Double-layer SuperDrive, $1,299.00. Does any one have the same kind and if so, how fast is it, is safari fast like on the Imac? Please tell me your thoughts! Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlackBook 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
Well, on the iMac you used, what are the specs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Blackbook, 4GB memory, 250GB HD
I have a black Macbook with the following specs:2.4GHz, 2GB ram, and 250 GB hard drive. And I have to say that safari is fast or at least for me. I can't compare it to an Imac since I've never own one. But so far I have no complaints and its good enough for me.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i have an older 2.0 core duo (not core2duo), with 1Gb of memory and 160GB hd (not that HD size really matters, as long as you have decent free space).
running 10.4.11 (i think) and safari 3, and it is plenty fast. that is until i visit image heavy sites - like browsing through flickr for some time, once the cache gets full, it tends to slow down until you clean it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
I have a new Black MB (2.4C2D 4gb Ram) and love it. I've got it hooked up to a 24" monitor and BT keyboard/mouse. I don't use Safari, but everything is pretty speedy for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
It treats me like a Russian mail order bride would during the trial period Immigration requires before giving her a Green Card. Is extremely sexy, very open minded, does what I tell her, serves me hand and foot and takes care of my every need quickly, and without complaint.

Oh, and except I know she won't take all my money and split (I got Apple Care, that shouldn't happen until that expires, by which time I'll be upgrading anyway.) :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
LOL Well put!

Reaction score
I enjoy mine. I just got it today. I had the iMac for about a month maybe a little more. I used my mac for basic needs. internet...music..photos etc etc. I exchanged the iMac for the macbook because i am not home often and like to put this piece to use. I am using the macbook now, same one that you are speaking about. I love it. No differences except no video card....smaller screen. I moved from the 24" to this. No regrets

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook, Ipod Touch 8GB
i still cant find an external optical drive for my ibook
i searched ebay already and they are non compatible with mac
anyone any other idea? =[

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.