Deleted Mailbox

Reaction score
I accidentally deleted a mailbox by hitting the minus button and lost all the e-mails that where saved there. Is there anyway of retrieving them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
rganex1,

Unless I miss my bet, I think they're gone. If you have a backup like Time Machine though, they can be recovered. But if you don't, you might consider buying an external and start backing up so you won't have another loss like this one.

Noel

OP
R
Reaction score
Your kidding right? How can they delete all your e-mails without giving you a warning? I hit the minus button when the wrong account was highlighted and poof gone without any warning or any are you sure pop ups... There has to be a way to bring them back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
rganex1,

Are you using Mac Mail? I don't use it, but notice there isn't a minus button in Mail. But, go to Mail Preferences and check the Mailbox Behaviors. What did you check there in "Trash?" Your deleted messages may be on the server in the mailbox trash...

You could also go to Mail Help and put in "deleted" and there should be an item on recovering deleted messages...

Good luck, Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
black macbook OSX v10.5.8, 2.2 Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM
bump

my colleague has just accidentally deleted a mailbox through apple mail. is there any way we can restore it?? it contained rather a lot of project emails and we will be a bit stuffed if it has gone completely!
10.4.11 OSX
Mail 2.1.3

heeeelp please?!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.