iPhone radiation hurting my leg?

Reaction score
My leg sometimes bothers me when I keep my iPhone in my pocket. I'm curious if this has anything to do with the radiation it's putting out.

My last phone sometimes did the same (it had around the same SAR level), but I've never experienced anything else with my previous phones.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Reaction score
I've never experienced anything like that - the level of radiation coming out of any phone when idle shouldn't cause anything to "hurt" - do you mean like, burning... or... muscle pain?
Have someone else put it in their pocket and see if they get the same - that really shouldn't happen.

If it is the radiation, in theory, positioning the phone so the screen is against you should point most of the radiation away from you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Put it in a pocket on the other side see if it affects your other leg...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Well, is it a usual leg or do you have additional hardware?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Just how tight are these pants?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
Haha, Either its in your head or its just the pressure of the phone in your pocket. The amount of radiation from cell phones is so miniscule it should not effect you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
Sometimes I would feel my leg vibrate like my phone was going off, but it never was... But nothing with my iPhone, yet.... But the radiation levels shouldn't be affecting you like that.. At least, I don't think..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Sometimes my iPhone 3G makes my leg feel like its going to fall off and just a bunch of blood is going to start squirting everywhere.

Sometimes it's completely fine...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Ok, is it like when you're on a boat and when you get off you can still feel the motion of the ocean? Phone is there and vibrates, etc, so you feel weird/pain when it's not.

My ears used to hurt without my headphones... comes from 16 hours of iPod a day. I also hear music constantly, lol.

Anyways, I doubt it's going to drop off. If it does, sue.

Reaction score
I have a radiation reader at work I will test it and get back to you but I am sure the phone is safe being apple would be out of bussness after a few law suites if this is true. I would think they have put the phone through the ringer test wise and keep in mind it is lic by the FCC

Reaction score
Sometimes I would feel my leg vibrate like my phone was going off, but it never was...

This is an actual condition. They reported about it on NBC, saying it was mostly a problem with Blackberries. Ill google and see if i can find more info.

Dylan

OP
D
Reaction score
I spoke with Apple Customer Support about this. They said there were no similar cases with the new 3g version of the iPhone yet, but there were some with the old 2g version. Assuming nothing is wrong with the device, he said it could possibly be 1 of 2 things: (1) sensitivity to the wireless signal the phone puts out or (2) sensitivity to the electrical signal the phone uses to detect it's being touched.

So I decided to test my iPhone in Airplane Mode, and I felt the same pain.

So, my current guess is that it cannot be the signal from the phone. It may either be part of the touch screen or a fault in the phone.

I'm going to try having my friend carrying it around and carrying around another iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Hmm, this pretty interesting. Hope it's not a problem w/ the iPhone 'cuz I'd hate to have to get rid of it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
It shouldn't be radiation. I read in The Week about cell phones causing cancer from radiation they give off, and there were dozens of studies that turned out to be false. The only studies that came positive with radiation affecting the brain were in studies with people using cell phones in long term use, like hours and hours a day for years. rich6490 is right, cell phone manufacturer's have to follow a government regulation on how much radiation cell phones can give out, which is a very small un-harmful level.

I know it's with the brain, but radiation affects any part of your body, so that shouldn't matter

And you could also argue that the radiation cell phones give off could pass through skin easier, but then again the levels are miniscule.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
Did you know that there is an actual diagnosed symptom for this? I am interested in Engineering in the Medical field and they are doing research on this. I have heard its from the proximity sensor and other things, But there is no way that its the proximity sensor! Maybe your mind is playing tricks on you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
I recently heard on the news that a lot of the users of the older Blackberry models are having phantom vibrating sensations in their legs. Sounds pretty similar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
Yea, I will sometimes be at work and think that my phone is ringing or get the text vibration and get so excited. To look at my phone and find no new messages or anything is a little upsetting sometimes when I am absolutely sure that It was vibrating. Hah!

Reaction score
Hmmm, in that case you better not place it in your pants pocket.........

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.