Moving files from PC to Macbook via External: Excess .dcm files

Reaction score
So I backed up all of my files from my PC laptop to my Free Agent Pro external hard-drive. I then used the external to transfer these files to my Macbook, which it did successfully, however, for every file I copied to my Mac there is an additional file of the same name ending in .dcm (ie: me.jpg > me.jpg.dcm). I do not know what kind of files these are, nothing will open them.

Anyways, they are obviously wasting a lot of space and I'd like to get rid of them but there are far too many to do it by clicking through and moving to trash.

Is there any way of deleting these files all at once or any software that could help me? Any help would be much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
they sound like some sort of meta date or index file, much like the mess Frontpage used to create on websites, try opening them in text edit - I bet they just contain some info about each file

From the finder select File . Find (command F)

Type .dcm (include the dot) and it will eventually list them all. select all (command A) and delete (command delete)

OP
E
Reaction score
Wow! That was a very simple solution, haha. Thank you!

Edit: it worked for all the files except my music ones, which aren't showing up in the search but i can still see them in the music folder. hrm.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.