Old Adobe CS on a new mac

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm starting a new job where they will be purchasing a new mac, either a mac book or an imac. I will be, primarily, using Adobe Creative Suites. The new job still has Adobe CS on hand and do not want to upgrade and get a new computer at the same time. The IT guy there told me Adobe CS will not run on the new machines. Is this true? Anyone had any experience with this?
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Hi,
I'm starting a new job where they will be purchasing a new mac, either a mac book or an imac. I will be, primarily, using Adobe Creative Suites. The new job still has Adobe CS on hand and do not want to upgrade and get a new computer at the same time. The IT guy there told me Adobe CS will not run on the new machines. Is this true? Anyone had any experience with this?
Thanks!

Couldn't be further from the truth.

I'm running Photoshop and ImageReady CS right now, no problems whatsoever on a 2GHz MacBook.

Your IT guy sounds like a twat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
CS1 will run. CS3 is the only version that's Universal Binary - all previous versions, including the first Creative Suite, will run through Rosetta. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.