I use my iMac 24'' for heating my flat!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 24'' iMac 750GB HD, G4 Powerbook
I love my new iMac, but jees it gives off so much heat! I must sweat off at least a pound in weight after being on it for an hour or so! :|

Is there anyone else out there that's having the same problem?
Why do they heat up so much? Are they all like that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 500GB HDD 4GB Ram
I don't think mine gives off a whole lot of heat. But then again when you have owned a xbox 360 for awhile you get used to the heat.
Most lcd displays do give off alot of heat when they are on, so i would say this is normal.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I think you fellows over there in the UK are used to cool weather. It's a nice warm 101 F today in Fort Worth, quite normal for this time of year. ;D Your iMac shouldn't be making you sweat unless you're sitting on top of it.

If you have iStat Pro, check the temperatures and fan speeds. Make a note of them and post back in a reply. That will give us some idea if there is anything abnormal going on with your iMac.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/status/istatpro.html

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.