Lost audio on .avi files

Reaction score
Recently I have lost all audio on my .avi files that I have brought from my digital camera. All past and present files are being affected. I know it's not my camera because I tried uploading the files to a macbook and the audio was still there. I do have all the audio for my OS and applications, and itunes. I feel like i've tried everything. I've opened garage band to see if that would fix it. I repaired permissions in the disk utility. I downloaded real player to see if they would work in there. I uploaded them into imovie and saved them as another type of file to see if that would work, but nothing. When I upload the movies to my blog the audio isn't there, but 2 weeks ago when I uploaded a different movie on, the audio was there.
Any help would be appreciated. I know the audio is there somewhere because I uploaded a .avi file back on to my camera and the audio is there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Have you got Flip4Mac, DivX and VLC Player?

Sounds like a codec issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling these three might bring it back.

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I had Flip4Mac but not the other two, so I uninstalled and then installed it again, but it still doesn't work. Any other suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.