MBP Shuts down at 50% battery power

Reaction score
This has never happened to me before and it just started yesterday. My one year old MBP will shut down when not plugged in and battery power reaches 50%. When I try to reboot it, it will attempt to start up but ultimately shut down again until I connect it to the power source. I've taken great care of the machine, no drops, no spills, but my warranty just ended last month. Anyone had similar problems? Solutions?

Thanks,

Alex:(

Reaction score
check your system prefs. maybe you accidentally changed something.
i think i read about something like that here once. and the solution was changing smoething in system prefs.
good luck :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 320 HDD, Superdrive, Mighty Mouse
Hey, i have exactly the same problem, is the battery, i think the day after my warranty expired the battery started to come with this problems, my MB would turn off when it was 70%, not it does when 50% and so on. Your MBP should be over year and a half old, right? i guess the only thing to do is changing the battery or getting Apple Care for your MBP because who know's what's going to happen after that and Apple Care covers for 3 years.

Good Luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.