White and Black or Aluminum Macbooks?

Reaction score
Previous to the iPhone 3G launch I would have been the first to believe Apple would be switching all of their computers over to aluminum and getting away from the white and black. But with the iPhone 3G going from aluminum to white and black, it's got me wondering. Guess Apple still likes that color scheme.

I know the reasons they decided to go this route with the iPhone 3G. They needed a plastic shell for better wireless and silver plastic looks like crap. Being that all their computers are now aluminum does shake things up and gives me little ground to suppose they will stick with the color scheme. But I wonder what the chances are they will especially if they end up lowering the prices of the macbook as current rumors have it. Isn't the plastic cheaper then the aluminum or am I wrong?

Personally I like the aluminum. I think it's classy. But I also really like the stark white and black so I wouldn't mind either way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
I like Apple computers, and their phones, but I was wondering, will they keep making computer related products? The reason I ask is that I see they have been making computers for a while now, but recently also phones. The thing is, whilst I like phones, computers seem to be very one use in a weird way.

I suppose the iPhone is more like a computer than most phones, so it could be classed as a computer too. I like how they also make music players, and the funny thing is, all apples products play music! how weird! has anyone else noticed this too?

I think they make all these things to make money, but possibly I am wrong, but then again I hear business's do that and so they must. Either way, I think their products are swell and regardless of what they sell I will most likely buy it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
/\ sarcasm >
|

Reaction score
Previous to the iPhone 3G launch I would have been the first to believe Apple would be switching all of their computers over to aluminum and getting away from the white and black. But with the iPhone 3G going from aluminum to white and black, it's got me wondering. Guess Apple still likes that color scheme.

I know the reasons they decided to go this route with the iPhone 3G. They needed a plastic shell for better wireless and silver plastic looks like crap. Being that all their computers are now aluminum does shake things up and gives me little ground to suppose they will stick with the color scheme. But I wonder what the chances are they will especially if they end up lowering the prices of the macbook as current rumors have it. Isn't the plastic cheaper then the aluminum or am I wrong?

Personally I like the aluminum. I think it's classy. But I also really like the stark white and black so I wouldn't mind either way.

I personally like the aluminum but I like the colors too. I think that Apple will do what they did with the iPhone and make it aluminum while still keeping the black and white plastics. On the bad side the colors segregate the computers from a value perspective, that's why my computer got stolen. Mine was the high end black macbook and most of the other people that I knew had low- end white macbooks. At the same time Apple laptops alone are more appealing and get stolen a lot. I'd like for the new ones to have shiny black plastics like the iPhone but I guess we'll just have to see what Apple does in the coming months.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Retina
Anyone else hear the rumor of the multi-colored ones coming out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry for the sarcasm earlier, I was in a bit of a miffy mood this morning. Anyway,

I agree with livinitup1 in that the colours of the MacBook's do make it obvious as to which ones cost more. I wish all Apple's mobile computers could be a standard colour such as aluminum or possibly a light reinforced plastic.

Apple could give people the option then to purchase a clip on cover much like the speck see through covers, but instead made by Apple and therefor a super snug custom fit for each laptop. Then no one would have a clue if one laptop was better than the other, and therfor make them less stealable, or, erm, less wantable to steal? you know what I mean.

I guess things were simpler whan the ibook, powerbook and imac lines were out. You had the White iBooks, Aluminum Powerbooks and white iMac's.

I am surprised Apple haven't redesigned their entire line (Apart from the Mac Pro) on their recent iMac. I love the use of glass, aluminum and the dark plastic on the back. I found the design and materials used extremely good and thought that this was a sign of their future design specifications.

Anyway, I guess the whole world is waiting for the MacBook Pro and MacBook range to get a facelift, I know I am. I am thinking with the technological advancement the MacBook Air brought should be filtered into the Macbook line, as there is obviously a market for the MacBook Air but with an optical drive (the MacBook). A nice slim, light tighly designed Macbook would be awsome. A more powerful, more refined, more efficient MacBook Pro would also be good.

A lot of things would be good. I doubt we'll see Apple turn their product line around as fast and excitingly as they did when they went Intel. My that was a dizzying time for Mac Users, and an exciting one!

I know when I get my 3G iPhone I'm getting a black 16Gb one as I don't want anyone on the street eying me up using it and see it's the 16Gb model and enhance the chances of it being thieved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.