Actual Ipod Touch storage

Reaction score
I'm considering a 16 GB ipod touch. I have roughly 12 GB of music/podcasts I want to have on it. I'm not interested in watching movies on such a small screen, so I won't be filling it with movies or TV shows. 3rd party apps., calender events, emails, and some photos will be on it. So, I was wondering how many GB are truly available on a 16 GB Touch after the base programs and software are installed on it.

thanks.

EdH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro(5.1), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB hdd
When I last restored mine, I believe it had 14.95Gb free before I added any music, etc.

Reaction score
Yep you will get about 15GB of "music" space. the root partition of the ipod is default 500MB for programs, however this partition size can be changed if you jailbreak your phone to whatever size you want.

I have a 16GB ipod touch, I fill it completely up with music and i have tons of apps (4 pages worth) installed.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks. It seems like I could get by comfortably with a 16GB with a bit of music library management. Good news. I didn't want to dump the money on a 32GB. I suppose now it's the buyer's quandary of buying a refurbished now or waiting for the updated iTouch's in Sept. Woe is me....

Tao

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz MacBook Black 4GB RAM Mid 2008
Thanks. It seems like I could get by comfortably with a 16GB with a bit of music library management. Good news. I didn't want to dump the money on a 32GB. I suppose now it's the buyer's quandary of buying a refurbished now or waiting for the updated iTouch's in Sept. Woe is me....

Is it definitely being updated in September? Do you think there will be a price drop?

I want a 16 also, but i'm tempted with the 32...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 160GB 2GB RAM ~ Mac OS X 10.5.4 Leopard ~ Ipod touch 8GB ~ (product red) Ipod 2nd Gen 4GB
why get an ipod touch if you arnt going to use any of its features? just get and ipod classic?

OP
M
Reaction score
i'll be using most of it's features. i just said I wouldn't be eating up large amounts of space with movies. I've never enjoyed watching something on a screen so small.

I want it for the wifi access to email and web, to sync my iCal events to a mobile device, the access to many of the 3rd party apps at the Apple Store, storing photos, and of course the music.

All in all, I like that it's an iPod that can access the web, and sync much of my MBP in a pretty touch screen interface package. Actually, I would get the iPhone so I wouldn't need to worry about being in a wifi zone, but I am still stubborn about paying a cell phone company so much money for access and being tied to them for at least 2 years. So the Touch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.