i am new to macs.

Thanks for any response to this

Reaction score
markpalys said:
Well whenever i want to type " I have to press . key

How do i fix this,
i am new to macs.

Thanks for any response to this

Hold on, are you saying that in order to type a quote " you have to hit the period . key? Sounds like something is either wrong with your keyboard or you some how remaped the keyboard to something other than american standard layout. How about the rest of the keys, do they all work as they should?

OP
M

markpalys

James said:
Hold on, are you saying that in order to type a quote " you have to hit the period . key? Sounds like something is either wrong with your keyboard or you some how remaped the keyboard to something other than american standard layout. How about the rest of the keys, do they all work as they should?

Yeah all the letter and number keys work its kust some of th extra ones like the question mark etc.

Reaction score
I had that same problem with my PC. Turn out the keyboard was setup for French. Can you change the language at all? I doubt this will help... but who knows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.