RSS Feeds

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
schweb Another good way to keep up with things is clicking on the [url=http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew said:
Get New[/url] button at the top of the forums for all the new posts since your last visit.
I do click get new, but I always check for new posts, so Im clicking get new a minimum of 10 to 15 times a day, and at least 5 times a visit.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I tend to click on the get new alot. I did not know there was a rss feed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
Thanks for the RSS feed - I'm using it with NewsTicker and it's a lot more pleasant than manually looking for new posts every 5 minutes!

David

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
It's seems that most of the members don't now about the "Get New" feature, because I didn't at first. I'll ask someone a question, but they sometimes forget to come back and answer. I love the "Get New" feature of the forums, it's a time saver.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
The RSS Feeds work great in Safari w/ Tiger. Just click the link of your choice in the first post of this thread and hit the bookmark link in the bottom right corner of the window. Whenever you click the bookmark for Mac-forums.com you will load the website, click the bookmark again and it will take you to the RSS feed page. Very Cool :yinyang:

added: to get back to the webpage from the RSS Feeds page just click the little RSS in the address bar of the browser.

X

xthisisRomancex

i must hit the get new button about 100 times a day.. it was a real bummer when the "hit new" buton brought up like 478 pages tho :)

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
rberry88 said:
The RSS Feeds work great in Safari w/ Tiger. Just click the link of your choice in the first post of this thread and hit the bookmark link in the bottom right corner of the window. Whenever you click the bookmark for Mac-forums.com you will load the website, click the bookmark again and it will take you to the RSS feed page. Very Cool :yinyang:

added: to get back to the webpage from the RSS Feeds page just click the little RSS in the address bar of the browser.

* Plugging ears * La la la la.... Stop it, I'm getting very jealous now.

K

Kokopelli

Schweb, in the RSS2 feed would it be possible to add a <category> tag to list which forum the post came from?

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I can look into it for you. I'm not sure how much control we have over it since vBulletin's RSS support is just...well...not good lol.

I'll see what can be done :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I use the get new button alllll the time, at least 5-10 times a visit. I only use rss feed in the new mac forums widget

Reaction score
One thing, i think in the RSS Feed 2 (not 1, because it already has it,) and Screen Saver, it should say which fourm it is in ie. buy, sell, trade or Movies and Videos!

Reaction score
Hi guys,

How can I add a Rss web page to the screen saver? (OS X Tiger)

thanks

Reaction score
Hi,
Is it possible to add a rss page to the rss visualizer screen saver?

cheers

bye bye

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
A while back I made a mac-forums screen saver rss based from the apple one... search rssaver u should find it.

RSSaver 1.1

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.