Full OSX CD with iBook? Can I use tiger?

O

OIZee

Hi

Planning on getting an iBook soon. Got a few questions.

1. Is it a full OSX CD/DVD that comes with the iBook or is it some sort of "preload-it-all/restore-it-all" CD/DVD? Point is I would like to do a custom install of OSX - is that posible/recomended?

2. Can I run Tiger (10.4) on the iBook. I have read the sys. requirements here: http://www.apple.com/macosx/tiger/core.html - but I'm not sure if it will run on the iBook (without all the fancy new grafix) or it will require one of the named gfx card.

Regards
Brian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
1. it comes with a software estore disc, and also a seperate disc just for installing the OS, well, most do.B>I dont recommend a custom install unless you know what youre doing.
2. it should run on the ibook as long as you meet the minimum requirements like ram and hd space.

OP
O

OIZee

Thanks! Well I'm new to mac but I have used linux for quite some time. So I think I'll dare the custum install ;-)

Regards
Brian

OP
M

McGuillicuddy

I have a feeling that Tiger will run on the iBooks, but it won't support any of the new technologies since our video card (MR 9200) is not compatible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.