• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Just trying to learn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Ghz Macbook Pro with 4 GB of RAM, 200GB HD, 256MB of VRAM, 15 inch display
Hi all,
I am working at an Apple reseller store in NYC as a sales intern. All of us interns applied for apple sales web and apple sales training accounts. However, barely any of us were able to access our accounts....accounts deactivated for security reasons....unable to authenticate your account. the list goes on and on. If anyone out here works for apple, please, hear me out and tell me whats going on!! All I want to do is get apple product certified, its no biggie.

On another note, I am wondering whether any of you fine people have any suggesting on any really good websites, books, or other mediums to learn all/some aspects of computing. I know a lot of stuff as it is, but I would really like some formal training, hence the apple sales web. Maybe anyone could suggest classes in the NYC area is anyone is from around the city. I am a highschool student interested in technology, computers, and all things mac but I really just dont know where to start...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
There are a lot of 'aspects of computing' so you may need to narrow that down a bit. I mean, if you want to learn about the internals of a PC, you are possibly better off mucking around with a Windows system since every component is user replaceable (Mac Pro's might be as well, but I wouldn't want to break mine, lol). That would let you become more familiar with system components.

Otherwise, I mean, there's the OS, applications, security, the web, networking, etc. What are you thinking you want to know more about?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Ghz Macbook Pro with 4 GB of RAM, 200GB HD, 256MB of VRAM, 15 inch display
I guess I know a fair amount of networking from howstuffworks.com, but I would really like to know more about the intricacies of OS X and OS 's in general, as well as a little more about servers and how they work....sorry about how open ended this is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
For a good grounding in how OS X is programmed, compared to windows try this series of articles.

http://arstechnica.com/articles/culture/what-microsoft-could-learn-from-apple.ars

There are 3 articles in all

AS for servers technology, you could hunt around wikipedia, you have hours of reading on there, and you can also see some good articles on NEXTSTEP, OSX, Apple and the origins of the biggest network there is, the Internet and the World Wide Web

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.