OS 9 Classic?

C

crispeto

I'm trying to run Riven in OS 9 Classic but when I try I get "Cannot find a Mac OS 9 System Folder on Startup disk" If I go to system preferences I get "No classic system folder. You do not have a version of Mac OS 9 installed that supports Classic. Install Mac OS 9.1 or later." What do I do and how did I lose this folder? By the way, I'm running 10.3.6 on a 2 week old ibook. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
a 2 week old ibook will not come with classic support installed, insert the software restore disk that came with the ibook, double click install classic support. if its not on that disc, try another disk, like the software install disc.

OP
C

crispeto

Thanks for your quick reply. I got it installed and everything's running great. One more question. Is there any way to have a specific program open at a specific resolution? On the PC, Riven will automatically open up at 640x480 and when I quit, my pc automatically reverts back to 1024x728. Is there any way to do this automatically?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
no I think the only way is having a user account just to play that game in, and setting its own res, then youd have to switch to that account every time to play that game.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.