Leopard Mail: Clearing previous "TO" addresses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
In outlook, once you send an email to someone, their email address is cached to your "TO" lists. So when ever you go to send them another email, and type the first few letters of their address, it pops up with a list of previous "SEnt to" addresses. If i want, I can hit delete on each of these in the list, and it no longer pops up next time I type those beginning letters in.

In 10.5 Mail, I have previous contacts pop up, but one says "Mom Mom". Id like to delete this cached "To" address, since there was obviously something wrong with my address book @ some point, where it put Mom twice in the address field.

Ive tried clicking delete, com-del, but nothing will get it to go away.

???

to note, the contact has multiple email addresses. Since updating my address book to take the 2 instances of mom out of the first, and last name, one of the email addresses shows just "Mom", the other still shows "Mom Mom".

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
In the mail app. go to the menu bar and select Window>Previous Recipients

OP
kgeier82
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
how did i miss that on my menu search!

thank you greatly...!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.