Pismo - Won't turn on or charge

Reaction score
So here's the story on my Pismo.

For a while now the battery has not been charging.
I'd been meaning to take it apart and figure out what the deal was, but I've just been using it plugged in for the last few days. This morning it suddenly shut down and won't start now at all even when it's plugged in.

I know for sure it's not the PRAM battery -- I've tried booting without the PRAM battery plugged in and get nothing.

I've tried resetting the PMU by holding in the little button in the back for a while before trying to restart.

I've even attempted the various "hold down assorted keys and start up the computer to reset stuff" starts, but of course none of them work because the computer won't, you know, turn on.

Clearly (I feel) it's just not getting power.
When it is plugged in, I hear this faint ticking noise near the place where it's plugged in -- as if maybe it's trying to make a connection and keeps failing?

Can anyone suggest what this may be? I'm totally up for taking the thing apart and replacing one or more parts -- I've done that a few times with this machine already -- I just don't know what parts I should try replacing. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

OP
verviana
Reaction score
I've been looking around for a DC card -- seems to also be a sound card, do I have the right part?

I see some priced around $10 and some priced around $100. Literally, what a huge difference and very little in between. Are these two different parts? If so would you happen to know the difference -- and which one I might need?

Reaction score
Just type pismo sound card on eBay, they go for around $30. I just PM'd you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.