Assistance needed

Reaction score
I am currently using an iMac with DSL and I am looking for info on
Uninterupted Power Supply (UPS). You know the units you hook up to your computer that prevent loss of power during storms..blackouts..ETC. I have DSL so I need one with phone line jack built into it.

Has anyone out there had an experience with these? Are you currently using one?

ANY input would be appreciated

John

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I've used them for years on PCs and also with my Mac at home. UPS work well and some can even prevent damage by line spikes to equipment. But their primary function is to keep you going long enough to properly shut down equipment when the power goes off. (Save your work, etc.)

UPS vary in price according to their capacity and function. Nowadays most all supply protection for DSL lines. I would get a medium size UPS for your iMac, one that could handle about 20 to 30 minutes on battery power.

Shop around at places like Best Buy, Fry's, Circuit City, or if you have a membership, at Sam's Club or Costco.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Two Macs, One XP
I've used APC for a long time. The reason I like them is their battery replacement program. They don't drag you over the coals when it's time to replace the battery. Every 3-4 years.
Here's the link: http://www.apc.com/index.cfm
Best,
Treeman

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.