Mac OS X Panther on G3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM
Would Mac OS X 10.3.4 work on a G3 powerbook with specs: 350 mhz 128 mb RAM, and a 4.0 GB hard drive? should i buy an external hard drvie and use that as well as the built in one? thanks for any help! this is not my only computer I'm just trying to see if I can convince my family to switch from windows and this is one of the only ways I can think of (they would use this and get to used to OS X)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
aantoine90 said:
Would Mac OS X 10.3.4 work on a G3 powerbook with specs: 350 mhz 128 mb RAM, and a 4.0 GB hard drive? should i buy an external hard drvie and use that as well as the built in one? thanks for any help! this is not my only computer I'm just trying to see if I can convince my family to switch from windows and this is one of the only ways I can think of (they would use this and get to used to OS X)

You'll want to upgrade the RAM, and there won't be much space left on the drive for other applications or for OS X's swap file, but yes, Panther will run on it relatively well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.