iPhone 3G vs Verizon Blackberry Curve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I have a Treo 755P on Sprint. I have good reception and pay $38 after taxes for 450 minutes, 7pm-7am unlimited nights and weekends and unlimited data. I do not have a text plan, but could have 300 minutes for $5.

I would love the iPhone, but there is no way I can justify it. I also have an older 30GB iPod. I would love the touch, but once again, can't justify it. Fun toys though.

Reaction score
I have a BB curve for work and my phone is an iPhone. The blackberry is a nice phone, great email, great battery, and well built, the browser sucks. You will also find that there ate not many third party apps. That is with Verizon.
now my iphone is great. I love it. Would not trade it for any phone. Oh I almost forgot that the Curve does not have wifi and the iPhone has one of the best wifi's I have ever seen. Just my 2 cents.

Reaction score
I lost by BB Pearl so I called the phone and it became stolen when the person on the other end claimed it was theirs' which left me with two options a)stay with Verizon and get the same phone or pay full retail for a different phone or b)switch to AT&T and get the iphone at a promotional price. I didn't like the BB Pearl due to its limited web browsing experience, poor display and slow web browsing speed which made me explore other options not to mention the maps not having gps capability which was worthless and slow. My deductible only qualified me to get the same phone so I decided to switch to AT&T despite the low CR rating on their service for quality and dropped calls. I have 30 days to try it before I'm locked in. I found the iphone thru Best Buy for $199 for the 8GB model less a $50 discount so I paid $149 thru the rewards zone so went went it. Too bad I did not have Premier Silver status to get $100 discount. These phones never get discounted. I initially had bought it at AT&T Wireless so I will be returning that one and I swapped the sim card to keep my old # and voicemails. There is a 10% restocking fee on iphones. I considered the Storm and Curve so played with the demo phones in the Verizon Wireless stores and compared it alongside my iphone and there is no comparison when it comes to speed and quality when surfing the net. I wanted a phone that could replace a laptop when on the go and this is definitely the winner. I can even check my work email without having to pay for enterprise email options on the web. You get full browser capability. None of the Verizon phones can beat the iphone for this purpose. The Verizon phones also do not display Javascript very well but the iphone handles it without hesitation. I do like the BB better for email but my Pearl still was not capable of displaying html email so I had to click on the menu to open the link instead of just clicking the link to load the page. It even allows you to click on a phone # in the email and allows you to call the # which is a nice feature. I can type faster on the iphone and it is less cumbersome even though the iphone keyboard is in portrait mode and the virtual keyboard is cramped. Thanks to 3G, the new iphone is the winner for the smartphone category. I feel as though I'm using a laptop and I also hear you can print to a wireless printer. The ipod is hands down the best mp3 player I have seen on a phone. The voice quality using the speakerphone on my first iphone purchase was poor and wortless while driving considering road noise so hopefully the replacement will be better or not so bluetooth should remedy the problem.

Reaction score
I went through the same situation and went with the iPhone...

I'm a total Mac fanboy but i'll be honest, I have had some issues with calls and service. Overall, it's easy to overlook those issues. My iPhone is definitely the greatest gadget I have ever owned. It's easy to use, the Apps absolutely rock. Easy for me to post on Twitter, Myspace, facebook and to send and receive emails. The features alone make the iPhone better and don't forget it doubles as an iPod! The service issues I have had are easily overlooked. Good luck man! I'd go test out the handsets personally and make your decision there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.