annoying and rare keyboard problem URGENT!! Virus!?

Reaction score
im on my windows computer at this moment, reason why earlier today, the mac keyboard was working fine...then it stopped working (this has happened once before) so last time i take it out from the usb and put it back...that usually works...but no so i restarted and hoped it would be okay again. Wrong!! this time i cant even type and when i do its delayed like every five minutes...it has no response and i cant login on the mac...mouse works fine when i press a key on the board it kinda slows down! so ***!? is it a virus or what...the caps lock doesn't light up anymore =/, i was working on a project and i need it back As Soon As Possible.. plz help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
It's not a virus. It's either the keyboard itself has gone bad or there is a driver issue. Have you tried another USB keyboard to see what happens?

OP
E
Reaction score
sadly..no we have no such source, i thank you for relieving the 'not a virus' issue, if it is not the keyboard how may i be able to fix this without involving people to come fix it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, you can try a different USB port for starters. Other than that you need another keyboard to verify the USB ports.

OP
E
Reaction score
yea i tried them all, know where i can get a midi to usb to use the pc keyboard to convert to mac? and are they cheap, slow comp here so just gettin there quickly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Sorry if I am stating the obvious, but have you shut down the mac and given it a restart

OP
E
Reaction score
i certainly did, when it happened the first time for some odd known reason i did that and it was fine once running again, now it like died i guess...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Well, you can try a different USB port for starters. Other than that you need another keyboard to verify the USB ports.

Not so. You can try the mouse in the USB port to see if it still works or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Look closely at the keyboard and see if any of the keys are stuck in the down position...I had a multimedia keyboard that was flaking out once, and one of the weird keys I never used was stuck in the down position (how it got down in the first place, I never knew!), and when I popped it back up, that cleared all the problems!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not so. You can try the mouse in the USB port to see if it still works or not.

True, but that doesn't tell you if it is the USB Keyboard driver that is having the issue although it will verify the USB port.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
Perhaps there is something stuck in your keyboard? Do you ever eat near your mac? That could be the problem. There also could even be some dust or something caught in the USB port, itself. Hope you get it working in time to finish your project!

OP
E
Reaction score
well i switched all ports even the mouse they all work. i know for a fact its the keyboard. thank you all for the help, it is now working!! yes i sometime eat near the mac but i move the keyboard out of the way just in case haha, it was some dust probably..its still acting kinda weird but im sure it can be fixed thanx again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.