iPhone used with a Hutchins Three mobile sim

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My parents are currently in Hong Kong and said there is iPhones there pretty cheap.

My mobile carrier is Three Mobile. In australia iPhone is only with Carriers Optus, Telstra and Vodafone.

Do you think my 'Three' Sim will work in an iPhone from Hong Kong from a 'Three' store.

Cheers,
Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
From what I have read Yes... Hong Kong is a country where the iphone is unlocked... Italy and Belgium are some others... there may be more.

OP
S
Reaction score
From what I have read Yes... Hong Kong is a country where the iphone is unlocked... Italy and Belgium are some others... there may be more.

Ahh thats good news. Yeah my dad mentioned that it was unlocked. Just wasnt sure wether it was compatible with a three sim.

Has anyone here successfully used the iphone with a thee sim?

Reaction score
You may want to be careful.
'Three' in the UK use a different GSM frequency which is not valid on iPhones.

I had this problem with the original iPhone 2G after Unlocking and putting my 'Three' Sim in it!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.