Trouble starting OS X

Reaction score
Hey guys, Im sorry if this this is in the wrong place or anything, but for the first time in the two years Ive had my mac, I need to troubleshoot it.

Every time I turn my computer on, it shows the "Starting OS X" progress bar as normal, but once it fills completely, nothing happens. Ive force shut down and restarted it, waited at that screen for hours while I was at work, and didnt get any luck.

If it helps, I was restarting from a system update when this happened. Im running Tiger on my Mac Mini.

Also, I have tried to start it in safe mode, but it just seems to try to load OS X as normal.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Pop your Tiger install DVD in and boot from that and run Repair Disk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Hold down the C key on your keyboard while the machine boots, try to press and hold the C key before the chime sound, as in right after you press the power button to turn it on, it should boot from the disc in the optical drive and kickstart into OS X Install, then when that loads from the menubar up top select Utilities and run Disk Utility and repair the disk from there, reboot normally and all should be fine

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.