Not Loving 2.0

Reaction score
I resisted "upgrading" to 2.0 from my jailbroken iPhone. Finally I gave in, after Itunes kept harassing me to upgrade I finally did it.

What did I gain? Nothing that I can figure out. I lost my netflix app that I used every day. I lost my youtube recorder app (cant remember the name). Now for some reason my email wont sync anymore- it gives me an error saying the phone cancelled the email sync.

I can't see any apps that I need in the store. My iphone seems slower. I still don't having streaming stereo bluetooth....

I thought about buying a version 2.0 iphone....but I can't see where that will give me anything better than what I have now. I don't want GPS. I don't want ot pay for 3G. I was actually thinking of cancelling my data plan and just using wireless anyhow.

Anyone else feeling the same way or am I missing the greatness of the software upgrades?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
You're missing how it sometimes refuses to disconnect from your in-car handsfree system until you've been inside a store for about 10 minutes. Or how it sometimes starts ringing with an incoming call but won't actually let you answer it (probably due to the slowness and delayed reaction as well). Or how about how it lags so much in texting that you can type and entire sentence and its still on the 1st word. Man those are some great enhancements. Facebook app is cool though :)

OP
T
Reaction score
Guess I am missing some stuff then!

Actually, aside from a lot of very common stuff that I thought the original iPhone was missing (cut/paste, ability to easily open files stored in the drive, a normal headphone jack, normal SMS messaging with photos, etc.) I was pretty happy about it until I found it wouldn't stream music to bluetooth after buying an expensive Motorola handsfree fm transmitter.

Okay, I should have done more homework I guess, but I thought this was just common practice to stream bluetooth music in this day and age. I never thought the iPhone would be that far behind.

After I pwned my phone I was pretty happy with all the apps. I could really see no reason to upgrade or buy a new iphone....Now I'm back to square 1. I'm thinking of trying to back my iPhone back to 1.1.4. I liked it much better that way.

TWM

Reaction score
Heck, My jailbroken Touch did all this and more... I think i lost features upgrading to 2.0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
Just curious. Does the fact that your iPhone was "Jailbroken" have anything to do with your issues?

TWM

Reaction score
I don't think it would. When I upgraded to 2.0, I restored the ipod, therefore "un- jailbreaking" it. I think 2.0 will be great, it just needs some time.

Reaction score
there is an app to fix your mail issue in the cydia installer.
2.0 is seems a bit slower on my ipod even before pwning it.
2.01 is already in beta it promises "GPS enhancements" for the iphone.
I'm sure it will include an overall stability tune up..

give it time 2.0.x will be solid just like 1.1.4 its going to be nice having the app store, cydia, and installer v4 all running in harmony!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.