I got an oldy, kind of switched

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Dual 450
I picked up a G4 PowerMac with Dual 450mhz processors. It has 896 MB of ram and an 80gb hard drive. I just wanted a computer to browse the net and mess around with osx and get used to it. I don't have a monitor to hook it up to at the moment other than my 42" LCD tv which unfortunately doesn't support most resolutions it seems. I was wondering if there is an equivalent to safe mode on a pc so maybe I could use it lol. When I boot it I hear the startup sound and a screen comes up with a little Ipod looking thing in the center with a smiley face and a spinning cursor in the top left then after a little bit it goes black and my tv says "unsupported resolution." Any help would be great I'm just wanting to use it since I've been using a dual core G5 at work with 4 gb of ram for photoshop. To be honest I'm not even sure if there is an os on it though I would assume because I got it from a home photography dude who had 7 of them but he switched to PCs... Wouldn't think he would need the licenses. Anyways thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.