• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

please help - iDVD wont burn

Reaction score
hey everyone

i have a macbook pro, i bought it in 2007

i am trying to burn a slideshow using iDVD, everything is perfect, and it looks like all is well

then it gets to the "multiplexing and burning" stage, and it says 4 minutes left, but it ejects prematurely! the ejected disc is read as blank.

everything is original, why is this happening? i've tried it a few times, with new dvds (fujifilm DVD -R) but it gets ejected blank at the multiplexing and burning stage

please all help is appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Instead of using "Burn DVD..." from the File menu, choose "Save As Disk Image...". This will go through the whole process of creating a proper DVD disc image without the burning stage. If that works, then you can use "Disk Utility.app" in the Applications/Utilties folder to try to copy the image to a real DVD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 CD Macbook, 1GB; 2.16 C2D iMac 20", 2GB
hey everyone

i have a macbook pro, i bought it in 2007

i am trying to burn a slideshow using iDVD, everything is perfect, and it looks like all is well

then it gets to the "multiplexing and burning" stage, and it says 4 minutes left, but it ejects prematurely! the ejected disc is read as blank.

everything is original, why is this happening? i've tried it a few times, with new dvds (fujifilm DVD -R) but it gets ejected blank at the multiplexing and burning stage

please all help is appreciated

I had the exact same problem, after troubleshooting for hours with Applecare and wasting countless DVDs it had to be replaced. (They had someone come out the very next day :) )

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.