Networking Issue

Reaction score
I think this is a networking issue probably. I have 2 problems actually.

1. First problem is that Adium, keeps getting disconnected at work. It works perfectly fine when i bring my macbook home. At work, we have a proxy server, but for windows systems it allows unrestricted access to the internet. But for some reason, adium keeps disconnecting and official msn messenger wont connect at all on my macbook at work. I know the proxy name, address and port number as instructed by IT guys. But entering them on adium or official msn messenger doesnt help at all. Yahoo Messenger connects without a problem.

2. I can login to Facebook from work using both Safari and Firefox. At work we have a proxy server as well. At home, I connect via a router which shares the internet connection given to my home PC. But when i connect to wifi at my home on my macbook, I cant load facebook at all. All other pages load perfectly fine. It is just Facebook that wont load on my macbook. But at the home pc which has the same internet connection, the facebook works perfectly fine.

As i'm pretty new to mac, any help/suggestion is very much appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.