I'm stuck. Sideways. *S* (Target computer question)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 10.4.11
I have an iMac (G3, 10.3.something) that developed some issues and wouldn't allow me to do certain things so I created a root account to see if I could bypass some permissions hang-ups. I've done this before, no worries. This time, however, when I logged off my normal account and tried to log back in with root, the log-in box is grayed out and won't let me enter a password. (My admin. account was recently set to require a password to complete a log-in.) I turned the iMac on in target mode and accessed the HD with my iBook but, now that I'm in there, I'm not sure where to go to turn off that "require password" feature in my admin. account. There's no visible "System Preference" panel to just click on. I was hoping to just do away with the root account and log back in without a password. Only now, I'm just standing around in there, now, scratching my head. Help?

OP
gbsothere
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 10.4.11
*hopeful bump, since I really need to get into this iMac*

OP
gbsothere
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 10.4.11
August 12th.....

Seriously? There's no one in this entire forum who knows this? *heavy sigh*

:(

OP
gbsothere
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 10.4.11
Can you guys suggest perhaps another Mac forum where someone might be able to help? Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.