handy contact info in Mail?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have switched from PC to Mac in October 2007, and besides some annoying situations and lacking applications for Mac, I'm mostly super delighted with my Mac :)

I use my Mac mostly for work, and as I work with quite some people, it's also essential to keep my address book neat and organized. I also started using iSync to back up my address book, but this started conflicting with Plaxo. As my Address book crashed few times (luckily, I do daily backup so I can always revert to the last saved version), iSync and Plaxo started conflicting. All of a sudden, from just a bit over 2000 contacts, my address book grew to about 5000. Drama.. And that while I still haven't properly recovered from the Outlook-->Mail transition (all the distribution lists didn't just get moved, but also doubled or even tripled the amount of contacts.

To cut the story short, I uninstaled Plaxo today as the bloody thing keeps adding contacts to my address book while I already deleted them..

I do miss one handy feature of Plaxo though. It would usually incorporate contact info into each email message, and I could see immediately if that contact was already in my address book without actually going to my Address Book to check it. Very handy! I tried to find an alternative application that would substitute this feature, but no success..

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Manuela

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.