battery depleting somewhat fast

U

UnderOath

as the title says, but is there any way to make my battery last longer? ive got the settings in "energy save" and it doesnt seem to have much of an effect. Any solutions that you guys have come up with?

i've got an iBook g4..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
how fast are you going through your battery? and what are you running?
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, ipod nano, ipod video and a whole lotta love
If you let the battery get all the way dead, so it puts itself to sleep, try charging it up all the way. Sometimes this resets the battery meter at the top of the screen and gives a more accurate representation of how much time you have left.

OP
U

UnderOath

coach_z said:
how fast are you going through your battery? and what are you running?
-chris

i was running iTunes, safari, MSN messenger and Aol Instant Messenger. I was just going through it faster than i thought it should, but it seemed that the battery time meter would go down by 4 min --- like it would be at 5:50 and then be at 5:45 within a period of about a minute.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
If you are running AirPort, Bluetooth it drains the battery much quicker. Opening an app will cause the battery meter to jump because it is readjusting the clock to assume that the program will be running the whole time. Lowering the brightness gives you much better battery life

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
yea i was going to ask about bluetooth and wireless as well, you using either of those???

how bout firewire disks or external displays?
-chris

OP
L

Lasha

That's probably an aspect of the drainage. Also, what programs do you run? If you run a number of them simultaneously, that could also add on to the reasons.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.