After installing a new harddrive...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody OS X SL
I discovered that after installing a new harddrive, and using carbon copy cloner, Leopard ran VERY slowly. The problem? Permissions! I ran a check for my permissions, and it seemed every permission on my OS was invalid. SO to anyone who have used carbon copy or any other clone program with a new hard drive, RUN DISK UTILITIES!!! It'll save your life mate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I discovered that after installing a new harddrive, and using carbon copy cloner, Leopard ran VERY slowly. The problem? Permissions! I ran a check for my permissions, and it seemed every permission on my OS was invalid. SO to anyone who have used carbon copy or any other clone program with a new hard drive, RUN DISK UTILITIES!!! It'll save your life mate.
Thanks for the info as I will be replacing my hard drive and using carbon copy cloner soon.

Is all resolved?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.