Keyboard shortcuts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 2 GB memory, 200 GB hard drive, Leopard
I love the feel of my MacBook's keyboard, but I get really tired of waiting while I scroll up and down, up and down using the arrow keys. Is there an equivalent for the PC Move Top/Bottom and Page Up/Down keys?

I have looked in Help, thinking there might be a Function Key workaround, but haven't uncovered anything. Perhaps everyone but me has discovered this answer, but I will appreciate your help.

Reaction score
Command + Up/Down = top of homepage and then bottom of homepage
fn + Up/Down = Page up and then Page down

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Space bar will move your page down in stages, and I guess for moving back up in stages you need to use Command-arrow. [I've always preferred using a mini mouse with laptops anyway.]

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 2 GB memory, 200 GB hard drive, Leopard
Thanks

Thanks for the answer, it's just what I wanted to know. Don't understand why I couldn't find it in help, but you have surely saved me much frustration.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Home and End seem to do exactly what you wish. Gotta use the fn key with the labelled keys but home takes you to the top, end takes you right to the bottom.

Eh, what do I know, I'm usually using an external keyboard anyway ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.