Firefox Install is botched. Need help COMPLETELY uninstalling it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2 Macbook, 120 HD, 4 GB RAM
I have an issue on my Macbook that I am tired of just "living with". I am on Leopard 10.5.4 and want to install FF 3.0.1.

I have had this annoying problem w/ FF for months now where it WILL NOT open multiple tabs when I first fire it up. I have 4 websites that I like to open in different tabs as my home pages.

Also each time I quit FF, reboot or log off or what have you, I can open it back up (FF that is) and it will snap back to the last page I visited.

I have done the uninstall procedure listed on the Mozilla site with no luck. There has to be something looming around in the guts of my Mac pertaining to FF.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I'm highly skeptical that this is a problem with Firefox. I haven't seen Mozilla's uninstall procedure, but whatever it is should have been sufficient. I'm most inclined to believe you have an incompatible plug-in or extension.

Try this: create a new user and log into that user. Run Firefox (install it again if need be) and let us know if you continue to have trouble on that user. We'll go from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.