will the mac book (2.4ghz) run world of warcraft and photoshop cs3 well?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBOOK *white* 2.4GHz; 2GB RAM; 160GB HDD
hey guys, my first post here.

well. . .i happened to watch a few videos on youtube of the leopard operating system.
BIG mistake on my part there ;D
now i have to have an apple.
i've always owned a pc. . .and though i hear alot of hate on microsoft vista. . .i really enjoy vista.
but dam!!! leopard is incredible!

so i'm looking for a mac.
i want a mac book. . .there sleek, stylish, and will be easy for me to carry around.
i'm mainly into photography, so it must be able to run photoshop cs3 extended.
i'd also be happy if it can run world of warcraft well (this may be asking for too much).

here's the book i'm looking at (refurbished. . .but man it's a good deal):

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB403LL/A

i don't know anything about apples. . .i haven't used an apple since i was in grade school (at least 15 years ago. . .lmao).
will 2gb ram be enough to run photoshop without getting choppy? and will the built in video card play world of warcraft?

sorry for the newb questions. . .but i'm really looking forward to hearing what you guys have to say.
i can't wait to jump into the mac world.
thnx.

p.s.
i was also thinking maybe a imac 24". . .but i really want a notebook for now, as i'm hardly ever home. . .and i'd like something to be able to carry around with me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
Hi,

I have the 2.4ghz MacBook with 2GB RAM and also i have been using Photoshop CS3 some. I think it works quite good actually, also when i was editing some 6Mpix RAW images, it was not slow.

As for World of Warcraft, yes you can play it with the integrated graphics card. If you set all quality settings to low you would probably get an acceptable frame rate. While in instances the framerate will drop even more, i have tried it and it kind of works, but it is a bit choppy in my opinion.

try to search on youtube for “macbook wow” and you will find some videos where you can see how the game plays.

Nevertheless i believe you will be happy with your purchase ;)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBOOK *white* 2.4GHz; 2GB RAM; 160GB HDD
Hi,

I have the 2.4ghz MacBook with 2GB RAM and also i have been using Photoshop CS3 some. I think it works quite good actually, also when i was editing some 6Mpix RAW images, it was not slow.

exactly what i was hoping to hear. :D
i work alot with raw files (have a canon xsi camera).
i don't get into anything extremely heavy in photoshop as i'm in the process of learning how it works right now. . .but it's important to me that it runs well (i may check out apple's apperture as well. . .looks nice).
i checked out a video on a base model macbook (older model without a dual core) and it ran wow quite well. it was enough to convince me it should work good enough for me.
heh i pretty much have my mind set on a mac book. i've wanted to try out mac for years now. . .now i think it's time to finaly take the jump.
thnx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I run CS3 and The Sims 2, both are ok. I mean, it could be better and faster but it does the job :).

Reaction score
I play WoW on Maximum settings on my macbook, and it runs just fine. The only time i experience lag when im on maximum settings is when im on a gryphon flight.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.