Any way to get into stolen MB Pro 17"???

Reaction score
I have recently had my brand new MB Pro stolen. I actually don't even care about that since I think my insurance will cover it. Is there any way to get into it to remove files? I was running leopard but didn't install any of that tracker software. I have my serial number and all that from the box and the receipt.

Guess I should clarify why it is so imperative to get into here and that I'm not some stalker or theif. My parents recently went to Italy and I had taken all their photos for them and made them a movie in after effects and I need their pictures back more than anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I have recently had my brand new MB Pro stolen. I actually don't even care about that since I think my insurance will cover it. Is there any way to get into it to remove files? I was running leopard but didn't install any of that tracker software. I have my serial number and all that from the box and the receipt.

Guess I should clarify why it is so imperative to get into here and that I'm not some stalker or theif. My parents recently went to Italy and I had taken all their photos for them and made them a movie in after effects and I need their pictures back more than anything.

I'm afraid your out of luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
mactastic07,

Sorry that it was stolen. I hope somehow you get it back...

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
Back to my mac. If you set that up. Otherwise no. In the future you may also want to install logmein free. As it too will let you see if it comes online and remote in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
If you notify the police and Apple, they will keep track of the serial number and deny service if someone brings it in to be fixed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.