Adobe Elements 6 with iphoto?? Isn't working!?!?

Reaction score
I think I need help! When I open up Photoshop elements 6 and try to import a pic from iphoto...it freezes and I have to end the program.

So I have not been able to use my photoshop! I read somewhere where someone else reported the same problem.

When I plug my camera in my pic automatically go into iphoto and thats where all my pics are stored.

How do I use elements 6 with iphoto????

THANK YOU!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac--OSX 10.6.7
When I want to edit a photo from iPhoto in Elements, I right click the photo and choose 'edit in external editor.' Elements then opens and imports the picture ready for edit. When through with the edit, just click on 'save' from the 'file' menu and the photo will be saved back in iPhoto.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Or, in the preferences, set Elements to be your external editor, and then you just click on a photo to edit and Elements will open automatically. Edited photos will be saved right back where they need to be.

OP
B
Reaction score
Or, in the preferences, set Elements to be your external editor, and then you just click on a photo to edit and Elements will open automatically. Edited photos will be saved right back where they need to be.

Thanks! That worked!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.