Plastic breaking?

Reaction score
ok so ive only had my macbook for a few months,
and all of the sudden the plastic on the left side of the screen started coming off. i mean the outside part of the very edge of the frame of plastic around the screen, like if you opened your macbook and felt you finger down the very edge of the top half of the macbook, a very thin strip of plastic has slowly just come off.

i havent mistreated my macbook, everything else seems to be in good condition (besides just standard scratches on the outside of the macbook) but this just happened suddenly.

Has this happened to anybody else or did i break it myself?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Give Apple a ring, there have been a few problems with the MacBook casing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
the plastic isn't the best on the macbooks, mine is started to have a gap between my screen and the plastic at the bottom. But if you still have your warranty, definitely give apple a call and see if they can do anything about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
It will be great if they do away with plastic on the next MacBooks, and the stupid sharp edge, otherwise its a fantastic laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2.1ghz, 4gb ram, 250gb hd
How did you make out with this? I had a little piece break off mine recently, and today, a little more started to break away...

Here's a picture of what's happening to mine...

macplastic.jpg

Reaction score
phone apple they will replace the plastics for you.
They did with a macbook i brought off ebay a few weeks ago

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
and They should replace that ok for you, I dont think the plastic MacBooks are that durable, but I looked at upgrading mine for the new Alum one, but I see that it also has a sharp edge the same as mine, and you dont get a remote in the price and it is just too expensive, so im going back to a Dell next upgrade when Windows 7 comes out

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.