Macbook Pro monitor dead line pixels

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15. ", 2,4 Ghz c2d, 2 Gb RAM, 256 GF GT, 200 GB HDD
Hey guys,

I just bought mbp 2 weeks ago and for my bad luck yesterday night while I was browsing, my screen made a pink vertical line that wont go...

I am attaching a picture of it because it cannot be seen by screenshot. I guess it is monitors problem not motherboards...

Has anyone had the same probelm with me??? If not, I wish you never have...I have been waiting for 5 months to get it and not its damaged without doing anything.

042.jpg

043.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Doesn't look like dead pixels but whatever caused it is reason to return the machine to Apple and get a replacement. Your machine is certainly under warranty if you only purchased it two weeks ago. Take it back.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5 GHz 15" MacBook Pro
i have a dead pixel, will they fix that? got my MBP less than a year ago....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
i have a dead pixel, will they fix that? got my MBP less than a year ago....

I believe Apple has a policy regarding dead pixels. A single dead pixel may acceptable according to their policy. If it's multiple pixels, then they should, no questions asked. It never hurts to ask though.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A lot depends on who you speak with at the Apple store or support. A machine that is almost a year old is going to be a lot more difficult to swap out for one dead pixel than a machine which is fairly new. I suspect they will not repair or swap out the display.

You might try repairing it yourself. Yes, it's possible to repair a dead or lighted (stuck) pixel.... Go here

The above is a software method of repairing it, however, there are other more drastic methods. I'll let you draw your own conclusion as to whether or not you would want to try a more aggressive repair.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
You might try repairing it yourself. Yes, it's possible to repair a dead or lighted (stuck) pixel.... Go here

If the pixel is dead then it's dead. A stuck pixel however can be repaired like you have stated. :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If the pixel is dead then it's dead. A stuck pixel however can be repaired like you have stated. :)

Not quite true.... See the following article. A stuck pixel can refer to one which is always dark or always lighted. I guess it depends on how you define "dead".

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.