I don't have an iPhone, but is there anything wrong with getting apps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GM ram, 128mb vram, Macbook, iPhone 3G 8g
So, I don't have an iPhone (I am in Canada currently, I live in NYC) I pretty much got most of the free apps I want, and I decided I wouldn't buy any apps, but there are some I really want.

1st question: If I buy the apps now, so they are ready when I get my iPhone, if they get updated during the 1-2 months, will I be able to get the new version for free?

I was thinking I shouldn't buy any, because a new app might be in development that is better than all the other ones.

2nd question: I have never owned an ipod or iphone, I have an imac and macbook though.

Will I be able to transfer the apps over to my iphone with out a problem?

And does anyone anticipate and price drops for the iphone in 2008?

Thanks for the help, I am a bit of an ipod/iphone newbie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
Why not just wait to buy them when you actually have the phone. And yes updates for the app's don't cost anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
If you're planning on getting an iPhone in a couple of days, go ahead and buy the apps now. Yes you will be able to transfer them from 1 computer to the iPhone with no problem.

I don't anticipate any price drops ever to be honest, its already at a subsidized price and I can't see it getting any lower.

If you are buying an iPhone in a few months I would wait and buy the apps closer to the time when you will actually be getting the phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6, 1TB Storage
I think its already $200, if they dropped em any lower you'd have to sign a contract with AT&T + The Robot Devil for a looong time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.