Wireless Mighty mouse scroll ball on the fritz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" ibook g4, 1.42ghz. 512mb ram, 60gb hdd
I've heard of people saying that their scroll ball's have gotten clogged up and their wireless m.m require cleaning. I've had mine since christmas and just a couple minutes ago the scroll ball stopped scrolling down, it works every other direction. Any tips to get it working again? I tried blowing into it (habit, I just bought an old sega haha)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
turn the mouse up side down and roll the ball around. this usually works

OP
Glenners
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" ibook g4, 1.42ghz. 512mb ram, 60gb hdd
wow just tried this and my mm is up and running perfectly, thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (17" Unibody, 2.93GHz, 8GB DRR3, 320GB 7200, Anti-Glare Screen)
Unfortunately this is a pretty common problem with Mighty Mice. It's really easy for oil and gunk off your fingers to clog up the ball and make it unresponsive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4Gb Ram, 500 Gb Hard Drive, Sky 8mb Broadband
broken scroll

Hey
My wireless mighty mouse would scroll upwards but not downwards. Tried cleaning it with water and lint free cloths etc... had no joy so i found a vid of someone taking a mighty mouse apart on youtube and then cleaning it. The mouse was full of crap after a good clean it works like new. (does involve breaking a seal but glued back together with a tinny pit of supper glue) ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
I've heard of people saying that their scroll ball's have gotten clogged up and their wireless m.m require cleaning. I've had mine since christmas and just a couple minutes ago the scroll ball stopped scrolling down, it works every other direction. Any tips to get it working again? I tried blowing into it (habit, I just bought an old sega haha)/QUOTE]

Aaahhh. Sega Genesis. Brings back memories...

Reaction score
harry b2448

finally a different suggestion, I was out of ideas trying to clean mine with no results it first started not scrolling upward, after a few weeks it started scrolling upward but not downward!!! haha

hope your suggestion works thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Let us know the outcome? Personally use a MM dust jacket available from Apple stores and sure keeps the wireless mouse clean and in tip top condition and is a snazzy deep blue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.